City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
October 8, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.
- Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Approve September 16, 2013 Council Meeting Minutes.
- Request by Mr. David Andreas and Mr. Jeremy Billington with Mutual Medical Plans, Inc. to accept and amend the City of Carmi Health Care Plan to include the ACP (Affordable Care Plan).
- Mayor Pollard will ask council to consider:
- Ordinance No. 1470, an ordinance prohibiting the use of groundwater as a Potable Water Supply by the installation or use of Potable Water Supply Wells or by any other method for Alysworth Oil Company and represented by Mr. Brandon Sherfield of Patriot Engineering and Environmental, Inc. for LUST Incident #982746.
- The closing of South Main Cross Street from Main Street to the alley from November 18th, 2013 to January 8th, 2013 (Depending on weather) for placement of the Santa House and Christmas Train.
- The closing of Robinson Street between Jessup Street and Church Street on the evening of October 31, 2013 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. for the Carmi Ministerial Association to hold a Halloween event.
- The changing of 7th Street between Oak Street and Crebs Avenue to a One Way Street or No Parking Zone during school hours only.
- The moving or removing of the stop sign at Sycamore Street and Hillsdale Avenue.
- Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard.
- Reports from Standing Committees.
- Business or comments from visitors.
- Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.
Jeff Pollard, Mayor