City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
October 21, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.
- Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Approve October 8th, 2013 Council Meeting Minutes.
- Approve September 2013 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
- Approve and authorize October 2013 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
- Request by Mr. Ray Mitchell the Executive Director for Carmi Chamber of Commerce to address the City Council for permission to stage its a White County Christmas parade on Saturday, November 30, 2013 and to utilize a portion of Main Cross Street for the Santa House and Christmas Train through the holiday season.
- The following will be presented for council consideration:
• The closing of South Main Cross Street from Main Street to the alley from November 18th, 2013 to January 8th, 2013 (depending on weather) for placement of the Santa House and Christmas Train.
• The changing of 7th Street between Oak Street and Crebs Avenue to a One Way Street or No Parking Zone during school hours only.
- Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard.
- Reports from Standing Committees.
- Business or comments from visitors.
- Closed Session for the purpose of discussing personnel and property issues with possible action to follow.