The City of Carmi will host an electronics recycling event for Carmi and White County residents on Saturday, May 30, 2020 from 9am-noon at 520 North 3rd Street in Carmi.
Accepted items include:
- CRT, Projection, Plasma, Flat Screen, Console TVs, & Flat screen monitors
- Computers (towers and laptops), printers, cables and peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
- Fax machines, scanners, digital converter boxes, cable receivers, satellite receivers
- Networking equipment, server, telecommunications, phones, cell phones, etc.
- Medical equipment and all types of diagnostic equipment (Please call to verify equipment can be accepted.)
- Industrial machinery and equipment
- Electrical, cabling, communication machinery, and equipment
- VCR, stereos, and audio/video equipment (including cable/satellite)
- Home electronics, blenders, toasters, irons, etc.
- Video game consoles, digital video disc player/recorders, portable digital music players
- Non-ferrous metals
- Metal office furniture (Metal Desks/File cabinets, etc.)
- Air conditioners, refrigerators, and humidifiers
- Old motors, non PCB type transformers and other electrical equipment
- CRT monitor or & flat screen monitors
Items that will NOT be accepted include:
- Alkaline Batteries
- Car and rechargeable batteries and lead items
- Light Bulbs
- DVD’s, VHS’s, CD’s, or Cassette tapes
- Radioactive materials & Flammable Materials
- Hazardous Materials (Oil/Antifreeze/Paint)
- Household Smoke Detectors i.e. smoke, gas, or carbon monoxide
- Non-Electronics (Tires, wood, office waste, furniture, fiberglass, insulation, Roofing, or Dirt)
- Explosives (Fire Arms/Ammunition/Shells)
- PCBs (Capacitors/Transformers/Ballast)
- Prescription medication, over the counter drugs, or illegal drugs within any equipment
- Devices containing mercury
- Equipment containing: asbestos, radioactive components, infectious, or pathological wastes
- Other Hazardous Materials (Pesticides/Oil Filters/Air Bags/Lead/Mercury Switches)
Those with questions, or seeking additional information, should contact Holly at 618-384-2001 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The City of Carmi would also like to remind local residents that dumping or leaving items at the site prior to or after recycling event will result in a fine from the City of Carmi.