City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
May 5, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve April 21, 2015 Council Meeting Minutes
4. Mr. Greg Stewart, City Attorney will administer the Oaths of Office to the newly-elected City officials: Jack Lamont, Alderman Ward 1, Mike Knight, Alderman Ward 2, Mark W. Blake, Alderman Ward 3 and Lance Yearby, Alderman Ward 4.
5. Mr. Greg Stewart, City Attorney to address council about city’s nuisance abatement procedures and penalties.
6. Mr. David Coston, City Electrical Engineer to give update on implementation of SCADA system and other upgrades to electrical system.
7. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
- Mrs. Lacey Moore with CWCJHS is requesting to close Robinson Street from Rice Street to Jessup Street for the Junior High 5k race start and finish line area from 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Friday, May 8, 2015.
8. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard.
9. Reports from Standing Committees.
10. Business or comments from visitors.
11. Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.
Jeff Pollard, Mayor