City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
May 5, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve April 21, 2014 Council Meeting Minutes.
4. For council consideration and approval:
a. To accept a memorial contribution from the Dillman family and name the pond at Burrell Woods “Gregory W. Dillman Memorial Pond.”
b. The Police Department Committee will ask council to authorize the Police Commission to hire a police officer to replace Sergeant Tim Whitaker when Chief of Police Randy Hamblin retires in June.
c. Ordinance No. 1477, an ordinance regulating parking zones within the City of Carmi and rescinding Ordinance No. 846.
d. The Street and Alley Department Committee will ask approval to allow Mayor Pollard to seek bids for a new backhoe.
e. WEDG Director Sandra Irvine will present proposals for review and ask council to accept and approve bid for appraisals for FEMA Hazard Mitigation Program.
5. City Attorney Greg Stewart to address council about Phoenix Foundation revolving loan and utility bills.
6. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard.
7. Reports from Standing Committees.
8. Business or comments from visitors.
9. Closed Session to discuss personnel issues.