City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
November 3, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve October 21, 2014 Council Meeting Minutes
4. City CPA Keith Botsch will present financial reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water
5. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
- Ordinance No. 1480, the Annual Property tax Levy for the fiscal year January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014 presented by City CPA Keith Botsch.
- Ordinance No. 1481, Abating the 2014 Tax Levy for Payment of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011A and certificate of Abatement. (Note: There will be no tax levy for the electric system bond issue.)
- Ordinance No. 1482, Abating the 2014 Tax Levy for Payment of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011B and Certificate of Abatement. (Note: There will be no tax levy for the water system bond issue.)
- Resolution to appropriate $17,500 of Motor fuel Tax funds for the purpose of maintaining streets and highways under the applicable provisions of the Illinois Highway Code from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014.
- Christmas bonuses for City employees — $60.00 plus $5.00 per year longevity for full-time employees and a flat $60.00 for part-time employees, firemen and EMA members to be paid out of Carmi Light & Water Department.
- M & F LLC to present plans for a restaurant and to request liquor license for restaurant.
6. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard.
7. Reports from Standing Committees.
8. Business or comments from visitors.
9. Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.
Jeff Pollard, Mayor