City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
October 21, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve October 7th, 2014 Council Meeting Minutes.
4. Approve September 2014 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
5. Approve and authorize October 2014 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
6. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
- Mrs. Holly Healy the Executive Director for Carmi Chamber of Commerce seeking permission to stage it’s a White County Christmas parade on Saturday, November 29, 2014 and to utilize a portion of Main Cross Street for the Santa House and Christmas Train through the holiday season.
- The closing of South Main Street from Main Street to the alley from November 17th, 2014 to January 9th, 2015 (depending on weather) for placement of the Santa House and Christmas Train.
- Resolution to authorize Mayor Pollard to act as the designated agent for Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) stipulated agreement and an assuming partial financial responsibility for Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) Burrell Street Project.
- Mr. David Coston, City Electrical Engineer to give update on implementation of SCADA system and other upgrades to power system. Additionally seeking approval to implement the IMEA incentive program.
7. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard
8. Reports from Standing Committees.
9. Business or comments from visitors.
10. Closed session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.
Jeff Pollard, Mayor