City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
November 18, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve November 4th, 2013 Council Meeting Minutes.
4. Approve October 2013 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
5. Approve and authorize November 2013 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
6. Alex Burton of Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc. to present a proposal for the City of Carmi’s risk management insurance.
7. Pam Donnewald of Illinois Municipal League Risk Management Association to present a proposal for retaining the Illinois Municipal League as the City of Carmi’s risk management insurance.
8. The following will be presented for council consideration and approval:
- The promotion of Sargent Jason Carter to Chief of Police in training for City of Carmi Police Department to be effective on June 7, 2014
- Christmas bonuses to be paid out of Carmi Light & Water for City employees — $60.00 plus $5.00 per year longevity for full-time employees and a flat $60.00 for part-time employees, firemen and EMA members to be paid out of Carmi Light & Water
9. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard.
10. Reports from Standing Committees.
11. Business or comments from visitors.
12. Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.
Jeff Pollard, Mayor